Learn to code by playing a video game
Gaming: Use sensors to control the game with this innovative gamepad
Coding: Solve puzzles and challenges in the game to learn the Arduino programming language
Making: Write your own programs and develop new applications for the sensors
Includes Arduino-compatible microcontroller (with Bluetooth), cable, rotary control wheel, circuit board, gamepad housing, two push buttons, motion sensor, temperature sensor, sound sensor, light sensor, parts for projects, CodeGamer App. Requires a tablet or smartphone running iOS or Android®.
Connect the physical and digital worlds! Use the gamepad to play through 15 fun game levels on your tablet. Plug one of the four sensorbots into the gamepad to activate its special powers.
• The sensorbot named Kelvin melts ice blocks when you warm its temperature sensor with your hand.
• The Decibels sensorbot will assist you if you trigger its sound sensor with noise.
• Lumen reveals things hidden in dark spaces when you shine light on its light sensor.
• Newton will force its way through obstacles in your path if you shake the touch sensor.
• Level Editor: Design and create your own game levels, share them, and access other players’ levels.
Level by level, learn the basics of the Arduino programming language!
• Solve increasingly complex Arduino puzzles.
• Discover which program commands make the LEDs on your gamepad blink and the sound module activate.
• Learn how your gamepad works and how you can configure it yourself.
Apply your new programming knowledge in cool projects!
• Use the sensors in new applications to bring your own ideas to life.
• Use the light sensor to count how many times a drawer is opened or program an alarm system that sends you messages.
• Enter the digital maker’s world and unleash your creativity.
Smartphone or tablet and a computer with Internet access. Compatible with all smartphones and tablets using iOS 7 and Android 4.3 and later. The device must support Bluetooth 4 or higher.
|Country of Origin||
View Manual (opens a new tab)
View Image Library (opens a new tab)
|Under 3 Years Warning||Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Choking hazard — small parts may be swallowed or inhaled. Keep the packaging and instructions as they contain important information.|
|Battery Warning||Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.|
|Disposal of Electrical Equipment||None of the electrical or electronic components in this kit should be disposed of in the regular household rubbish when you have finished with them. Instead, they must be delivered to a collection location for recycling of electrical and electronic devices. Please contact your local authority for the appropriate disposal location.|
|Under 10 warning||WARNING. Not suitable for children under 10 years. For use under adult supervision. Read the instructions before use, follow them and keep them for reference.|
|Strangulation Warning||WARNING! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Strangulation hazard — long cord.Indoor use only.|